Dakar, Senegal – (African Boulevard News) – In a magnificent display of football skills and dominance, Senegal’s U17 football team secured Africa’s first ticket to the FIFA World Cup with an emphatic 5-0 victory over South Africa in the quarterfinals of the ongoing U17 AFCON tournament in Rabat.
As the tournament progresses, the victory by Senegal has highlighted several key factors that the Golden Eaglets can learn from. Here are the top five lessons that the Nigerian team can take away from Senegal’s crushing of South Africa:
1. Keep Possession: Senegal maintained a high level of ball possession throughout the game, which helped them control the tempo of the match and gave them the ability to launch attacks whenever they wanted to. The Golden Eaglets can learn from this and improve their own ball control to stay in charge of the game.
2. Swift Counter-attacks: Senegal took advantage of South Africa’s defensive lapses with swift counter-attacks that resulted in goals. The Golden Eaglets can practice this skill too, to turn defense into attack in a matter of seconds.
3. Take Chances: Senegal took the chances presented to them and scored some fantastic goals. The Golden Eaglets need to develop the same killer instinct in front of the goal, and take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way.
4. Discipline: Senegal’s players were disciplined throughout the game, maintained their shape, and kept their focus, even when the scoreline was comfortable. The Golden Eaglets can learn from this and ensure that they play with discipline and focus, even when they’re ahead.
5. Teamwork: Senegal’s victory was based on a solid team effort, with every player contributing to the win. The Golden Eaglets can learn from this and strengthen their teamwork, ensuring that every player understands their role and works towards the common goal of winning.
Speaking after the match, former Super Eagles Coach, Samson Siasia, shared his thoughts on the Golden Eaglets’ chances: “It is important that the coaching team study what Senegal did right in the match against South Africa. The Golden Eaglets have the potential to win the tournament, but they need to work on their weak points and implement the lessons learnt from Senegal’s match.”
In conclusion, the Golden Eaglets can learn from Senegal’s performance and use the five lessons outlined above to improve their chances of winning the U17 AFCON tournament. They have a talented squad with the potential to succeed, and the right attitude and application can help them secure the ultimate prize and qualify for the FIFA U17 World Cup.